Friday 20 September 2019

Monitoring Success

The most difficult part of my inquiry is learning new things - it's human nature to want to continue using what we know because we are comfortable with it and we've refined it! It is extremely hard to take on board new learning because new learning inevitably comes with mistakes and sometimes failure. 

One of the biggest challenges I  encountered was not having as much to show at the end of a lesson as much of the work was done during the lesson- my lessons had become more interactive. I had become so accustomed to having several pieces of work to show that the work had been covered, but in hindsight I can see that I was more concerned with quantity rather than real quality. 

I can see that deep diving and chunking has made a difference to most students in my class, but I will only have the data to back up my observations and anecdotal notes once we do our end of year PAT tests.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment