Thursday 3 June 2021

DFI - Week 4: Dealing with Data

 Another fabulous Friday filled with lots of new learning. 

Some of the things we covered today were:

* Google Forms - Although I had created forms before, I never realised there was an option to create pathways for your answers e.g. a yes or no answer can lead you on to another section depending on your answer. Also, the creator of the Form could allow images to be uploaded as part of the answer. This is really cool when requiring students to take the photos and then upload them to the Google Form.  

I also learned that I couldn't embed my Google form into my blog as it made use of file upload questions, so I was only able to use the link

* We also dealt quite extensively with Google sheets. I was amazed to learn that I could alternate the colours of the horizontal rows. This was super helpful as I find that the data often merges into one and I sometimes hold a sheet of paper under the data or manually change the colour of each row. To alternate colours of the rows is as easy as:- 

1. select all your data CTRL+A

2. clicking on the paint bucket

3. scrolling down to 'alternating colours'

4. choose your colour from the panel on your right

5. Done

* We also learned how to view students blog activity on Hapara. This included their comments and posts. We also discussed the importance of sharing the blog stats with our students as they aren't privy to that information. 



1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Zhydah, great to hear that you gained so much from Friday's session. Sheets and Forms are a couple of my favourites, so I always enjoy this session! Have you given any consideration as to how your new knowledge of Forms and Sheets could used with your learners? Ngā mihi

    ReplyDelete