Thursday 28 February 2019

Achievement Challenge 3 - Reading

I am very excited to be appointed as a Manaiakalani Community of Learning Teacher (within schools). This is a wonderful opportunity to share my thoughts, ideas, learning strategies, successes and areas for improvement. I am very fortunate that my colleague Mr Naidoo has also been appointed as a CoL Teacher and we will be working collaboratively to raise and accelerate student achievement at our school.

My achievement challenge is to lift the achievement in Reading for all students, with a particular focus on boys and Maori students.

I hope to achieve acceleration by focusing on vocabulary acquisition. If students had a wider vocabulary, this would lead to better outcomes in Reading.

I hope to achieve this by implementing strategies from our current PD provider, Dr van Hees as well as using TESSOL strategies.


No comments:

Post a Comment