Thursday 14 March 2019

2019 Inquiry Focus

I teach in a single-cell classroom with 24 Year 5/6 students. I've chosen to focus on reading because after completing the Progressive Achievement Tests (PATs) it was clear that this was the greatest area of need in my classroom- just 20% of my students are working at stanine 5! I hope raise the comprehension of my students by focusing on vocabulary acquisition. 

 
      Room 10 PAT Stanine Levels (Year 5 & 6)

     

Reading levels vary from reading level 8 through to level 28. There is a distinct difference between the achievement of Year 5 and Year 6 students. Many of the Year 6 students in my class qualify for teacher aide hours as they have been diagnosed as having additional learning needs.

      
 Year 5 PAT Stanine Levels







  Year 6 PAT Stanine Levels



1 comment:

  1. Why do you think there is such a disparity between yr 5 and yr 6? Could you colour code the stainines the same to give a better visual indication? E.g. Stanine 2 was always red.

    ReplyDelete