Sunday 15 March 2020

Blogpost #1: Inquiry Stocktake

Reflection: What worked for me?

  • Having support and guidance from Dr van Hees.
  • Having supportive colleagues who were also available to act as 'sounding boards'.
  • Using various sources of data to inform my practice.

Challenges
  • Impressing upon students to the importance of attending school regularly and not to stay away for frivolous reasons.
  • Consistently reflecting on my practice.
  • Understanding why there was such a huge gap between vocabulary PAT scores and comprehension PAT scores- One would assume that if you have good vocabulary knowledge it will lead to better comprehension.

Additional Support I'd Like
  • Working with Dr van Hees to have a thorough understanding of the theoretical ideas underpinning her practice.

What I aim to learn about Inquiry this year
  • Ensuring my blog entries are clear and unambiguous - making sure my actions can be replicated.




No comments:

Post a Comment